Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday fun!

Sorry to disappear after the Louisville teaser, but I've continued my Louisville-is-weird research this week. This includes a discussion with a Louisville Native over a Wednesday chicken salad lunch where I detailed the bizarrishishness of that trip. She grew up there and loves it -- like the other four people I know who are from there originally. She also revealed a detail about herself that I can't even begin to explain here in the Internet World other than to say it involves hairspray and maybe some petroleum jelly. Sounds dirtier than it is, I swear. At that same lunch, another friend chimed in with her own tales of Louisville hilarity. Really, if it isn't on your list of cities to visit, it should be because chances are you'll get a helluva good story from it. Tans and trinkets are overrated, anyway.

In other news, check out this Flickr set. Not only are the images hilarious, so are the comments. A rare combo treat in the Flickr world! I love this! I've spent too much time looking at them instead of learning web design or something worthwhile. But really, poses with mashed potatoes trump most everything in my book. Also, check out this very fun audio compilation of sounds of China Town.

No comments: