Wednesday, May 30, 2007

asking for directions

Have you been following this story, the one about the humpbacks that went up the Sacramento River now swimming for the San Francisco Bay? Here's a video from the U.S. Coast Guard:



I wish that when I head the wrong way -- either on purpose or by accident -- that a troupe of people would stand on shore or follow me in boats and try to point me in the right direction. 'You! This is a bad idea! Go the OTHER way!' Thankfully, these whales aren't as stubborn as I would be. I would be a very stubborn whale. I would refuse to go past the bridges. I would keep going the way I wanted to go, no matter what.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

me too.

SG

Kathryn Frances Walker said...

do you know how many times i've done that daggum puzzle on your page? ah HELL. this is from kathryn frances.